Caption or text on Portfolio images?

WordPress Themes, Plugins and HTML Templates Forums Contango WordPress Theme Caption or text on Portfolio images?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    beckarahn
    Participant

I think I have figured out pretty much everything about creating a new portfolio page but I have 2 questions.

Is there a way to add a caption or text to the portfolio image when you have clicked it and it is at full size?

Does the portfolio template always use only the Featured Image for both thumbnail and full size? (in otherwords, you cannot have a different thumbnail and full size image?)

Thanks much!

admin
    Participant

Hi,

Quote:
    Is there a way to add a caption or text to the portfolio image when you have clicked it and it is at full size?

If you are talking about image captions on single pages e.g. http://themes.designorbital.com/contango/portfolio/ornare/
    You can add captions and image is automatically linked to big sized image to show in the light box.

Does the portfolio template always use only the Featured Image for both thumbnail and full size?

Contango uses the following image dimensions for various posts.

== Minimum Recommended Image Dimensions: Width x Height ==

Blog Posts: 580 x 350
    Portfolio Posts: 940 x 600
    Slide Posts: 940 x 450
    Client Posts: 340 x 150

Portfolio template will try to get the image automatically with a pre-defined sequence from Featured Image to Images attached to the Post.
    Thanks

beckarahn
    Participant
    admin, post: 1171, member: 1 wrote:
    If you are talking about image captions on single pages e.g. http://themes.designorbital.com/contango/portfolio/ornare/
    You can add captions and image is automatically linked to big sized image to show in the light box.

I just realized that the thumbnails in that 3 column template show you two completely different things when you click the thumbnail image vs when you click the title of the post.
    I guess I wasn’t asking the right question. Can you make captions show with the 2 column or 3 column sortable column portfolio template when you click the thumbnail image? I tried adding a caption to the image and text to the portfolio post and it does not display either one when you click the image and it displays full size.

If you click the title of the post, it takes you to a completely different view, which is what I think you are showing in the example you gave a link to. How do you set it up like this so the post has multiple images to scroll through (the 1-2-3 link at the bottom)? If I add multiple images to the Portfolio post, they just show up in a long list like a regular post.

admin, post: 1171, member: 1 wrote:
    Portfolio template will try to get the image automatically with a pre-defined sequence from Featured Image to Images attached to the Post.

I tried creating a new Portfolio and if I do not add a featured image, it shows up as completely blank in the thumbnail, even if I have other images in the post.

admin
    Participant

Hi,

Quote:
    Can you make captions show with the 2 column or 3 column sortable column portfolio template when you click the thumbnail image?

You can’t give captions in portfolio templates.

Quote:
    If you click the title of the post, it takes you to a completely different view, which is what I think you are showing in the example you gave a link to. How do you set it up like this so the post has multiple images to scroll through (the 1-2-3 link at the bottom)? If I add multiple images to the Portfolio post, they just show up in a long list like a regular post.

Following points will be helpful to you in order to understand the logic,

1. Portfolio Templates like 2 column, 3 column etc are placeholders for your portfolio items. e.g. I have portfolio say “Contango WordPress Theme”, so main screenshot of my Contango portfolio will appear on the placeholder that will link to the detail of Contango portfolio post.
    2. As i explained in the point 1, Placeholders link to the main portfolio post. Now, the Portfolio Post is just like a Blog Post. You can add text, images, quotes etc to describe your portfolio in detail.

Quote:
    How do you set it up like this so the post has multiple images to scroll through (the 1-2-3 link at the bottom)? If I add multiple images to the Portfolio post, they just show up in a long list like a regular post.

As it just like Blog Post, you can use standard tags of WordPress. In order to create multiple pages you can use