Change theme to be wider?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Team

love the Contango theme but i want to make the main section of the theme a little wider, my blog is http://www.zero-blog.com and I am happy with the sidebar width but want to change all pages main section to be about 15% wider if possible?

is it also possible to make the boxes in the main and siderbar actually touch and not have the gap?

cheers

Simon

admin
    Participant

Hello Simon,
    Following points will be helpful to you.

I am happy with the sidebar width but want to change all pages main section to be about 15% wider if possible?

Contango is based on Skeleton Framework and it is not easy to make it wider.

Is it also possible to make the boxes in the main and siderbar actually touch and not have the gap?

Every theme has its own design, Choosing Wider layout may have little change in Contango appearance to fit your taste Example: http://themes.designorbital.com/contango/blog/
    Try Wide Layout in Appearance > Contango Options > Layout Settings

Most Important

DesignOrbital themes are very easy to customize. You may attain your required changes like Sidebar Without Gap by playing in the relevant sections of style.css

Thanks!

Anonymous

Hey Team

thanks so much for the quick response, any hints on which part of the css to edit (i am not a WordPress Guru yet) so as my site is live dont want to kill to much while i try and figure this out?

Cheers

Simon

admin
    Participant

Hi Simon,
    Thanks of your feedback!

Changing layout will not be easy. DesignOrbital themes are based on Skeleton framework (which is 960 grid based). So simply changes in CSS will not bring the desired result. You have to play with HTML structure which is tightly synchronized with the skeleton framework by considering a number of different factors like responsive layout etc.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.