March 18, 2014 at 11:28 pm #494AnonymousGuest
Can you make a proper tutorial? The tutorials you have are too simple and I find them not very helpful, even though I have 5 years of experience creating WP websites.
I’d like to have a Portfolio on my Front Page like on http://themes.designorbital.com/contango/home-page-2/, but it does not work for me. I used Contango Portfolio (Sortable) and I can see it’s title, but there is nothing displayed underneath it. I used custom sort, specified page and post ID and nothing. What do I do wrong?
Also, can I have a link directing me to another page on my blog on my portfolio items? So it would work like a visual menu.
KamilMarch 19, 2014 at 8:56 am #1261AnonymousGuest
BTW, I have created two portfolios under Portfolios WP admin menu, and when I click on the link of it, I get Page does not exist – 404: http://test.pentaxbody.com/portfolio/london-house-removals-portfolio/
Also, what are Technologies?March 19, 2014 at 4:56 pm #1262AnonymousGuest
Update. I managed to fix 404 issue by changing settings in Apperance> Contango Settings> Portfolio settings – I re-enabled all subheadings (strange, anyway – why would that cause 404?).
So the issues remaining are:
- Creating a proper tutorial, possibly with a video, and explanations of all settings.
- How to make portfolio work like on http://themes.designorbital.com/contango/home-page-2/ – it does not work for me.
- Creating links to pages instead of pictures on Portfolio items.
- What are Technologies in Contango?
I would appreciate your help as I’m building this site for a client and time is important.
KamilMarch 19, 2014 at 5:23 pm #1263AnonymousGuest
I have figured now out how to display Portfolios – they need to have a featured image, and the links to them must work.
I have figured out now that Technologies are simply categories of portfolio for sorting.
Guys, why don’t you just have a manual for that? That would make it so much simpler for users and you.
So still, is it possible to have clickable items in columns (like in portfolio) linking to other pages? If not, how can I achieve that? Other themes that you have maybe?
KamilMarch 19, 2014 at 5:26 pm #1264adminParticipant
Creating a proper tutorial, possibly with a video, and explanations of all settings.
We have already explained step by step guide to create multiple layouts. Our team is also working on Videos tutorials to make it better.
How to make portfolio work like on http://themes.designorbital.com/contango/home-page-2/ – it does not work for me.
Please take only 10 to 15 minutes to understand the tutorials about creating different layouts and you will enjoy the flexibility.
Creating links to pages instead of pictures on Portfolio items.
Title is automatically linked to Portfolio entry and picture is only linked to lightbox.
What are Technologies in Contango?
Technologies are Custom Taxonomies for the Portfolio Custom Post Types. These are usually used to highlight the skills used in a portfolio project.
Here are my simple questions
1. Have you created Portfolio posts i.e. Appearance > Portfolios
2. Have you created Full Width Widgetized Template to display these portfolios
ThanksMarch 19, 2014 at 7:45 pm #1265AnonymousGuest
Really thank you for all the work you have done on my site – that is incredible!
For reference I’m going to paste the instructions you have created:Quote:1. Creating a Custom Sidebar `Appearance > Contango Options > Sidebar Settings` Just for example, Home Page 2 sidebar created.
2. Creating a new page which will hold this newly created Sidebar – I have created a new page under the title Home Page 2 and assign it a page template Full Width Widgetized Template from Page Attributes. Also, i am going to assign Home Page 2 sidebar via Post Meta boxes just below the editor. Finally Publish It.
3. Now going to add some Portfolio Posts via `Appearance > Portfolios` and i will assign some neat featured images as well. I have created three portfolio posts for sample whose IDs are 836, 834 and 832. I will use these IDs in the Portfolio widget at Home Page 2
4. Let design the Home Page 2 Layout now, Go to `Appearance > Widgets` and you will notice Home Page 2 sidebar here.
5. Let drop the Contango Portfolio Sortable in Home Page 2 and assign these IDs here.
Now you can create unlimited Portfolios or you may say Pages etc which are automatically linked via any Page layout just in example of Home Page 2. So, there are number of possibilities to use Portfolios Custom Post Types. It all depends on needs and design.
BIG BIG THANKS
KamilMarch 20, 2014 at 7:44 am #1266adminParticipant
Thanks for the feedback.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.