Website won’t load

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rknudsen
    Participant

Hey there, I just bought Contango Pro and I have some issues. Sorry if that’s a dupe to the service request email I wrote but I got no confirmation it has been sent and hence don’t know if you received it.

I setup my website (http://justathought.de) with the free Contango theme. I LOVE the theme. It is simple and pure. Just a dream for me. So the free version works perfectly for me. But then I bought the Pro version (using the latest WordPress 3.5.2).

When I click “live preview” in the theme selector the browser (I tried both, FF 17 and Chrome) will try to load the page but can’t. It just takes ages and nothing happens.

After I activated the page, logged myself out and in again – nothing happened either. It just loads and loads and loads and … loads. “Load with no end – Amen.”

Fortunately I kept the free Contango on the server and by swapping folder names I could re-activate it.

Also I disabled all plugins – with no effect at all.

Any idea what I struggle with here? Any idea what I can try? My WordPress runs on a hosted domain at Strato in Germany. So I have no access to the server configuration (or logs) but to the folder structure of my domain.

Thanks for your valuable help!!

Reiner

admin
    Participant

Hi Reiner,

Upgrading to Pro version is very simple and straight. It should not hurt your blog. Following points might be helpful to you!

1. If using FTP – than overwrite the contango folder with the newly purchased contango pro directory.
    2. If you want to upload via Admin Panel – than rename the old contango folder and upload your newly purchased theme.
    3. After activating the theme > Go to Appearance > Contango Options and “Save Changes” to verify everything is okay.
    4. Now the Contango Pro is ready!

Waiting for your response!

rknudsen
    Participant

Hey admin, well, I exactly did that. Yet pages won’t load.

I also set up a pure and clean install of WordPress 3.5.1. Nothing installed, no posts or pages. I can now activate the theme, but when I want to see my dashboard, it will start loading again and loads and loads and loads. Finally it does show an error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, service@webmailer.de and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Please help me here! Are there folders where I need to change permissions? Is there anything that I have to keep in mind for or after installation?

admin
    Participant

Let communicate via email.

rknudsen
    Participant

I can not say how thankful I am. Steve offered his help and I gave him admin panel and FTP access to my website. It took him some time but he could figure out the problem.

Quote:
    After 1 hour of investigation. I have found that your HOSTING is denying our update notification script. I have disabled it manually in your theme. It is working properly now….
    You may ask them to fix it or there might be some extra settings at your HOSTING account.

How incredible is that? I don’t quite understand (yet) what the actual issue was, but I can confirm it is working perfectly now. So what ever I will have to check with my provider, I will tell them :)

THANKS STEVE! Appreciate your fantastic support.

Reiner

admin
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.