After WP 5.3 update gallery photos not displaying correctly

WordPress Themes, Plugins and HTML Templates Forums Arcane WordPress Theme After WP 5.3 update gallery photos not displaying correctly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Deborah Bender
    Participant

After the 5.3 WP update gallery photos are displaying in a single column rather than a block format.
    The galleries display correctly in the 2020 WP theme but not in Arcane Pro and I did check for updates.

I can fix the problem by going into edit for each post and clicking update but that would be very time consuming. I tried bulk editing on the post list page but that doesn’t work. Is there another way to bulk edit?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Can you share the Old gallery post which is causing issue.
    So, i will share it with our engineers to have a look.
    Thanks

Deborah Bender
    Participant

The gallery at the end of this post for example.

Diving Grand Cayman

The problem affected only a couple of galleries included on pages but affected almost all the galleries included on posts.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

The gallery is from WP Block Gallery. Its style should be controlled by core itself.
    For further investigation, i am going to forward your query to the Dev department. I will update the thread after getting their response.

Thanks

Deborah Bender
    Participant

Thank you.

This is an ongoing problem. I noticed yesterday that now when a post is first published the galleries do not display correctly (column instead of block format). I can then go into edit and hit the update button to fix it.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Report is already submitted to our engineers.

My Suggestion:

Make sure you have not installed any Cache plugin.
    If installed, make sure that it should clear the cache on Publishing the post.
    Otherwise, you should clear history / cache manually if implemented at plugin or server level.

If gallery is working properly on post update. It should work fine on first publish as well.

Thanks

Deborah Bender
    Participant

It seems that this is NOT on ongoing problem. My most recent scheduled post posted this morning with the gallery displaying correctly. I don’t know what the difference is between this post and the one before. I did not change anything and I have no cache plugins.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

It might be possible that there are some minor css changes in Gallery Block.
    These changes will reflect correctly for new or updated posts.

Thanks for your feedback.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.