An error occurred while updating Contango Pro: Update package not available.

WordPress Themes, Plugins and HTML Templates Forums Contango WordPress Theme An error occurred while updating Contango Pro: Update package not available.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

I have just noticed the option to update Contango 1.5 to 5.0 in WP updates: …../wp-admin/update-core.php. And when I click to update, I get this:

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Theme Contango Pro (1/1)

An error occurred while updating Contango Pro: Update package not available.

Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

I did it 4 times, just in case, and the same result. How can I update?

Big thanks
    Kamil

admin
    Participant

Hi Kamil,

Automatic upgrade is not available for PRO themes as they are not hosted on WordPress repo.
    You must download new version from members area and following thread might be helpful to you,

http://designorbital.com/community/threads/how-to-install-upgrade-designorbital-wordpress-theme.101/

Thanks

Anonymous

Ok, that is easy. Now, how do I backup my current theme settings and then restore them?

admin
    Participant

Hi Kamil,

If you are talking about Contango Options than no need to worry about them. Simple upgrade the theme and settings will remain same. OR simply hit SAVE CHANGES in the the Contango Options to synchronize the obsolete settings.

*** Never Reset Changes *** as it may remove your custom sidebars.

If you are talking about Theme Customization done by yourself, than you have to take backup of these files and may apply them later manually.

Thanks

Anonymous

Yes, I’m talking about Appearance/Contango Options. Out of curiosity, how do those settings remain the same if I delete the whole theme and then install a new one? Are the setting saved somewhere else?

admin
    Participant

Hi Kamil,

Yes, I’m talking about Appearance/Contango Options. Out of curiosity, how do those settings remain the same if I delete the whole theme and then install a new one?

Settings are stored in Database. As theme developers maintain the Code/Database relationship tightly so there is no need to worry about these settings. In simple,

– There is no change in Contango Options.
    – Theme settings don’t delete on deactivation or removing the theme. Or you may say it is Soft Delete

Thanks

Anonymous

Great. That worked!

Big thanks and cheers.
    Kamil

admin
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Kamil.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.