June 30, 2014 at 1:58 pm #516adminParticipant
Thanks for your interest in Antenna! We truly appreciate the opportunity to share our themes with you. If you have any questions or run into any trouble, please visit us on the Antenna Support Forum. We’ll get you fixed up!
Upon activating your theme, you should visit the Customizer under Appearance → Customize to set up the basic theme settings, such as your background color, a header/logo image, or a Custom Menu.
Detailed instructions and tips can be found below.
Jetpack is required plugin for Antenna WordPress theme. Jetpack is comprehensive and free plugin by WordPress.com which provides you several features under one roof.
Antenna has an eye-catching featured slider area on the home page. You can easily capture your visitors’ attention on desired posts or pages. You can feature any post or page using the featured tag via the Customizer.
Here are some tips to help you get the featured slider set up.
- Install Jetpack WordPress plugin. This plugin is required for featured posts.
- Go to Appearance → Customize → Featured Content and add the featured tag or a tag of your choice. Antenna supports up to 10 posts in its featured slider area.
- Create or edit a post you wish to feature. Assign the special tag from step two to this post.
- Set a Featured Image for your post. Use big and beautiful featured images for the slider. Featured Images will be scaled to 720 pixels wide x 385 pixels tall.
- Publish or Update the post.
You can use the handy theme options to personalize Antenna by uploading your logo, choosing the theme and blog layouts, or adding links to your favorite social networks. You’ll find Antenna’s options in the Customizer, under Appearance → Customize → Theme Options.
Here is a brief rundown of the settings in the Theme Options menu:
Adding Your Logo
You can upload the logo of your site using the media uploader.
You can use Antenna‘s default wide layout or personalize it with beautiful backgrounds using the fixed-width layout.
- Go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options.
- Select Wide or Box from the Theme Layout drop down.
Antenna will cover the full screen width in wide-layout mode. Any background color or background image will not be visible using wide-layout mode.
Antenna will wrap the content in a fixed-width box. This option is best if you want to use a background color or background image for your website.
Antenna‘s blog layout is flexible. To change the position of the sidebar on the blog:
- Go to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options.
- Select Content-Sidebar or Sidebar-Content from the Blog Layout drop down.
Social network icons will appear in the footer if you enter their respective URLs in the fields provided by going to Appearance → Customize → Theme Options.
Antenna supports the following social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Flickr, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Vimeo, and YouTube.
Antenna supports Featured Images on blog posts. On the homepage and archive pages, Featured Images are scaled to 380 pixels wide x 290 pixels tall. On single posts, your Featured Images are scaled to 730 pixels wide x 550 pixels tall.
If you upload larger Featured Images or images with different proportions, they will be automatically resized to match the specific image dimensions noted above. On single posts, your Featured Images are displayed at the larger size, so you can have big, beautiful Featured Images in your posts.
Adding Homepage Excerpts
As you can see on the Antenna demo, each post has a small text excerpt that represents the post. This can be done in a couple different ways.
- By default, Antenna will cut off your text and create an automatic excerpt using the first 35 words. While this will work, it’s not the cleanest option, since it will truncate your content automatically.
- You can fine tune the excerpt by using the Excerpt box when creating your post. I recommend this option because it gives you the most control over how the excerpt displays.
Add a Custom Header Image
Add a Custom Header Image to your site by going to Appearance → Customize → Header.
First, upload a new image or choose one from your media library. Once uploaded, you will have the opportunity to crop the image and set a few more options.
Note: Your uploaded image should be at least 200 pixels tall. The width should be at least 1920 pixels to provide a crisp background.
Add a Custom Background Image or Color
Add a Custom Background to your site by going to Appearance → Customize → Background.
Similar to the Custom Header Image, you can either upload a new image or choose one from your media library. Once you’ve chosen your image, you will have several options for displaying the background. You can also choose a background color instead of an image.
Antenna allows you to have a Custom Menu in the theme’s header. It can be set up by going to Appearance → Menus.
Antenna comes with a Full-Width Page Template to put the focus on your content without a sidebar. To use the full-width template, select Full Width from the Templates section of the Page Attributes module.
Antenna comes with four widget areas — one in the right or left sidebar, and up to three in the footer. The footer widget areas will activate once you add widgets to them in Appearance → Widgets.
Antenna comes with two custom widgets.
Post Carousel (Antenna) Widget
Go to Appearance → Widgets to use the Post Carousel (Antenna) widget. The Post Carousel widget will display the posts in a rotating slideshow with Featured Images.
Post List (Antenna) Widget
The Post List widget will display posts from a category of your choosing alongside a small Featured Image. Go to Appearance → Widgets to use the Post List (Antenna) widget.
- The topic ‘Antenna WordPress Theme’ is closed to new replies.