Auto Push to Mobile?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just installed the theme recently and everything was running fine. Didn’t change a thing and all of the sudden whenever you go to the home page it pushes to the mobile version. I didn’t even activate a mobile version?

If you are in any of the interior pages, everything appears as normal.

It also appears as normal if I am logged into WP as admin. Does this make any sense?

Site is http://www.sidewaysauthority.com

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

admin
    Participant

Hi,

Are you using any other plugin to for Mobile browsing ? I think you are using the JetPack Mobile Theme.

Please deactivate the plugin or module as,

– Contango is fully responsive and it will adjust itself from large screens to the mobile view port.

Thanks

Anonymous

I deactivated the Jetpack Mobile and it is still defaulting towards it. Any ideas?

After I deactivated it you can now click “switch to desktop view” whereas you couldn’t before but it still isn’t working on first navigation to http://www.sidewaysauthority.com

admin
    Participant

It seems that module has not been deactivated properly. I have observed the following in the source code,

[HTML]

Anonymous

Thanks for your continued help. Just deactivated JetPack and still having the problem… No idea what the hell is going on here.

Anonymous

Also, any reason why it has been normal all along if I am logged in as admin? Shouldn’t the site behave the same?

Anonymous

Just kidding, it even shows it there now too. I need this fixed ASAP :(

admin
    Participant

I have visited your site again and it is working normal. Oh yes, header is so nice and post layout is fabulous. It is a beautiful example of Contango!
    Thanks.

Anonymous

Thanks! I deactivated both the theme and jetpack, didn’t work, reinstalled the theme and jetpack (a lot of work) then worked. Oh well, now I can worry about other problems! Thanks for the help.

admin
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.