Change Line Spacing and Font Size in Services

WordPress Themes, Plugins and HTML Templates Forums Contango WordPress Theme Change Line Spacing and Font Size in Services

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

How do I change the spacing between lines in services? I would prefer 1/2 line spacing versus double-spaced.

Also, how do I change the font size in services?

Again, thanks for your help!

admin
    Participant

Hi lotus,

You are going to target specific area about font changes in the Services widget.

Services Class Reference:

Services Widget content is wrapped in a class “widget_services-wrapper” so you can implement your CSS styling by using this class. Example

.widget_services-wrapper {
    line-height: 22px;
    font-size: 18px;
    }[/CODE]

Enjoy![CODE].widget_services-wrapper {
    line-height: 22px;
    font-size: 18px;
    }[/CODE]

Enjoy!

Anonymous

Thank you. I think I now understand the concept behind this and a little bit more about how CSS and HTML work.

Perhaps what I want to change is related to how content and line spacing appears when I actually create or add a service. For example, when I add a hard return (enter key) when adding a new service and the text, the default appears to be double line spacing rather than single line spacing. If it were single line spacing here I believe I could create exactly the spacing I want. Actually what I want is 1-1/2 line spacing so that the columns for the services are not so long. See how Services look on the Home (H E A R T) page at http://www.lotusfirepress.com.

Thanks again.

admin
    Participant

Hi Lotus,

Services widget has been specially designed to write little information probably two or three lines to give an overview to the visitors about company/corporate etc. But, it can be extended to any level with little knowledge.

Let Work With Your Idea

Use the power of LIST in the services post i.e.

• collect data/info
    • sort cite and verify sources analyze

[/CODE]

Now style it according to your taste,

[CODE].services-custom-list {
    text-align: left;
    }[/CODE]

[B]Another Good News[/B]

I have just received an update by our developers that are going to push new versions of all themes within next 48 hours, and this update also include Full Width Open Template and an awesome feature of Extend Settings. So a user can write CSS like above in the Options panel without creating a Child Theme, or for minor modifications.

Enjoy![CODE]

• collect data/info
    • sort cite and verify sources analyze

[/CODE]

Now style it according to your taste,

.services-custom-list {
    }[/CODE]

[B]Another Good News[/B]

I have just received an update by our developers that are going to push new versions of all themes within next 48 hours, and this update also include Full Width Open Template and an awesome feature of Extend Settings. So a user can write CSS like above in the Options panel without creating a Child Theme, or for minor modifications.

Enjoy![CODE].services-custom-list {
    }[/CODE]

Another Good News

Enjoy!

Anonymous

Thank you! I just tested this code and I can see how it can be a great option in some places. I was able to copy and paste the code right into services and then drop the CSS in the CSS editor.

I still think I would like to be able to change the spacing of the list to 1-1/2 spacing, though. In other words I’d like the option to incorporate both 1 line spacing and 1-1/2 line spacing in the services section. Will that be an option? Is it possible to do that now?

To clarify, I am OK with how everything appears in services now, except that I would like to have 1/2 line spacing between the services, i.e. 1/2 line spacing in the columns for the text that includes diamonds. I think I understand how to change the font size and spacing for the other sections of the columns.

Thanks!

admin
    Participant

Hi Lotus,

I have observed that you are using h6 tag in the services.
    Will you continue with h6 tag, so i will share CSS code according to your choice i.e h6.

Thanks

Anonymous

Hi again. I did reduce the content of services down to h6 to see how it would look as it occurred to me that would be one way to decrease the column length. Ideally I think I would like to see code for h4 which I’ve changed it back to. I believe originally I had h4. Thanks again for all your research.

admin
    Participant

Thanks to you as well Lotus.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.