Column Customization

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    blovesdesign
    Participant

Hello,
    I am trying to adjust the width and height of the columns in the Farad theme, and I noticed this is utilizing the Skeleton Responsive Boilerplate from http://www.getskeleton.com. Is there any way to customize the CSS code so I can make changes the column dimensions? What file do I need to look into?

Thanks in advance.
    Brittney

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Quote:
    I noticed this is utilizing the Skeleton Responsive Boilerplate

Yes, Farad is using Skeleton Boilerplate for its structure.

Quote:
    Is there any way to customize the CSS code so I can make changes the column dimensions? What file do I need to look into?

You have to change the skeleton CSS or override it, but be careful to make changes as the theme layout is based on it.

Thanks

blovesdesign
    Participant

Hello again,
    One more quick question: I am trying to adjust the height of the flex slider because when I input my own caption the text gets cut off when going down to a mobile device. What code do I need to insert to make the caption of the slider fully responsive?

Also, I would like to include an image within the caption as well, preferably above the “Title” but it seems to take the full width dimensions of the slider, for example a 300px width photo is being stretched to fit the 1000px width of the slider. I have already tried messing with the css and html codes and nothing seems to be working. Maybe I’m missing something.
    Hope you can help!

Thanks in advance.

blovesdesign
    Participant

Oops, I have more questions, Sorry!
    In your response to my first question you said “You have to change the skeleton CSS or override it”… Where and how can I locate this CSS file to change it? Do I use Filezilla? I am kinda new at this so any thorough details would be greatly appreciated!
    Just to give you an idea, what I’m trying to do is fully customize the fonts, colors to match my brand. For example: I would like to change the flex slider caption font, size and color, right now it appears white and too small, and it seems as if I need to access the “flexslider.css” file in order to change it. Where would this be located? Or is there another way? Sorry if I’m a pain! Thank you so so much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.