Contango – post featured image cropped

WordPress Themes, Plugins and HTML Templates Forums Contango WordPress Theme Contango – post featured image cropped

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello there,
    A month ago, I made an upgrade from Contango free to the Pro version. Still not using all of its features, but I got some problems with the post featured image. You can see my post from 21.12.2014 – it’s still okay there, image is showing correctly – http://blog.dpeeva.com/. As to my latest post from today, image is cropped, should look like that: http://blog.dpeeva.com/10-common-mistakes-in-logo-design/10commonlogodesignmistakes/
    When I try to edit the image, I see thumbnail crop options in Thumbnail settings:
    Current thumbnail – Apply changes to:

• All image sizes
    • Thumbnail
    • All sizes except thumbnail

No matter which one I choose, my preferences are ignored and All image sizes option is automatically set, which causes this kind of crop to the featured image: http://blog.dpeeva.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/10CommonLogoDesignMistakes-e1420287341286-200×180.jpg
    Can you help me with that? What’s happening now, that was not happening in December when I made my previous post in blog? WordPress updates, or is it some issue of Contango Pro?

Best regards,
    D.Peeva

admin
    Participant

Hello D.Peeva,

Quote:
    You can see my post from 21.12.2014 – it’s still okay there, image is showing correctly

Actually this is not cropped image by theme. This featured image is showing in it’s full size i.e. 1200 x 456. This is the reasons, you are thinking it is showing properly.

Can you help me with that?

WordPress crops image automatically based on the theme image size settings.

Solution

You are uploading a Landscape image with the width of 1200px. I will suggest to upload a square image with the dimension like “600×540” so it will crop the image to fit your needs.

Please see the theme screenshot and the modified image dimensions of your featured image.

Thanks

[ATTACH=full]76[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]77[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]78[/ATTACH]

Anonymous

Hello, sorry for the late reply… Thank you for your advice.
    It seems there is no answer why my previously uploaded images had no problem to resize, but late one does. They are all the same size, 1200 x 456 px.
    Thanks for your guidance anyway, I will have to conform with WP and theme specifics and change templates or make images fit the recommended proportions.

Greetings,
    dpeeva

admin
    Participant

Hello Dpeeva,

Quote:
    It seems there is no answer why my previously uploaded images had no problem to resize, but late one does.

Your previously uploaded images were not resized by Contango theme and are **displayed as full size **. It means,

– You may have uploaded these themes before activating the Contango theme.

Your latest images are uploaded after the activation of Contango theme and they are properly cropped by Contango depending on its configuration.
    Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.