General Question

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    marcwitt
    Participant

Hey there,

I´m very new to Word Press. I bought your theme Arcane and I thought, I can customize everything without havin expert knowledge in html…unfortunately, nearly nothing can be customized, without writing directly into the css – am I right? There are very few options in the design – customize section….

Regards
    Marc

admin
    Participant

Hi Marc,
    Hopefully doing well.

Quote:
    I bought your theme Arcane and I thought, I can customize everything without havin expert knowledge in html

Yes it is true. You can get the same look of Arcane Demo without knowledge of html. You only need to understand the basics of WordPress like, what are the posts or pages ?

Quote:
    unfortunately, nearly nothing can be customized, without writing directly into the css – am I right?

As i described earlier, you have no need to do in CSS to resemble the Arcane Blogging Theme Demo.

Please share, what you want to do ?

Quote:
    There are very few options in the design – customize section….

Arcane has smart theme options to achieve your desired look without cluttering the code.

I will suggest to read Arcane Documentation to know how it works ?

Thanks

marcwitt
    Participant

Hey there,

Thanks für your quick reply….let me be more specific.

For example, I want to change the Color of the Main-nav and The Color, when I Hoover over one of The menu links. Furthermore, I want to change the Copyright Text in The footer…and so on…

Additionally, my Website Logo is 200×200 px big, baut when I Upload it, it is much smaller and I dont see an Option to correct that – exept Code in css…

Kind regards!

admin
    Participant

Hi,

Quote:
    For example, I want to change the Color of the Main-nav and The Color, when I Hoover over one of The menu links. Furthermore, I want to change the Copyright Text in The footer…and so on…

These are called tweak settings. Yes, you need to write small CSS code snippets with the help of our team. Please note, never change the style.css directly. Please follow the simple steps to add your CSS.

1. Install and Activate Jetpack plugin.
    2. Activate Custom CSS module.
    3. Go to Appearance > Edit CSS to enter your CSS Code Snippet.

For Example:

I want to change the Color of the Main-nav

/* Top Site Bar */
    .site-bar {
    background-color: #76c5ad;
    }

/* Top Bar Social Icons Border */
    .site-social-menu ul li {
    border-left: 1px solid #c2ecdd;
    }

.site-social-menu ul li:last-child {
    border-right: 1px solid #c2ecdd;
    }

/* Bottom Site Info */
    .site-info {
    background: #76c5ad;
    }[/CODE]

[QUOTE]Additionally, my Website Logo is 200×200 px big, baut when I Upload it, it is much smaller and I dont see an Option to correct that – exept Code in css…[/QUOTE]

Arcane has the dimension 560×140 (width x height). This dimension will make logo sharp on the Retina displays as well. If you make the logo with the above dimension it will adjust with the maximum height of 70 pixel.

For the support of Retina displays, we have recommended the logo with the twice dimensions. So, the rendering dimension of logo in the Arcane theme will be 280×70.

I will recommend to make your logo with the 560 x 140 dimensions and try to cover the every pixel so it will stay large and sharp finally. Give a try and you will understand that how can you make your logo bigger.

Thanks[CODE]/* Top Site Bar */
    .site-bar {
    background-color: #76c5ad;
    }

/* Top Bar Social Icons Border */
    .site-social-menu ul li {
    border-left: 1px solid #c2ecdd;
    }

.site-social-menu ul li:last-child {
    border-right: 1px solid #c2ecdd;
    }

/* Bottom Site Info */
    .site-info {
    background: #76c5ad;
    }[/CODE]

Quote:
    Additionally, my Website Logo is 200×200 px big, baut when I Upload it, it is much smaller and I dont see an Option to correct that – exept Code in css…

Arcane has the dimension 560×140 (width x height). This dimension will make logo sharp on the Retina displays as well. If you make the logo with the above dimension it will adjust with the maximum height of 70 pixel.

For the support of Retina displays, we have recommended the logo with the twice dimensions. So, the rendering dimension of logo in the Arcane theme will be 280×70.

I will recommend to make your logo with the 560 x 140 dimensions and try to cover the every pixel so it will stay large and sharp finally. Give a try and you will understand that how can you make your logo bigger.

Thanks

marcwitt
    Participant

Hey,

thanks for your reply! I´m beginning to understand the theme and WP generally more and more – and the them is great:)

Next question I have: How can I change the HEadlines of the category-pages? WP seems to autoamtically generate the Headline with “Category: Category name” – that´s not so nice…(s. Screenshot).

Furthermore, I want to change the Copyright-Text in the Footer. How can I manage that?

admin
    Participant

Hi,
    It is nice that you are understanding the WordPress day by day.

Quote:
    Next question I have: How can I change the HEadlines of the category-pages?

Categories:

You can change the category name via `Posts > Categories`.
    Category name will display on the theme archive pages. Archive pages show the posts that are tagged or categorized in them.
    Their headline will show like,

Category: Category Name
    Tag: Tag Name

Similarly, you can edit or create new posts via `Posts`

Pages:

And pages via `Pages`

Following article will also be helpful to you.

https://codex.wordpress.org/First_Steps_With_WordPress

Thanks

marcwitt
    Participant

Thanks! But that was what I already knew ;)

My question was, whether I can change these headlines like this:

Category: Category Name —-> My own Phrase: Category Name

Furthermore, I want to change the Copyright-Text in the Footer. How can I manage that?

admin
    Participant

Hi,

Quote:
    My own Phrase: Category Name

You can’t change “My own Phrase”. This is set by WordPress core.

Quote:

Theme picks “Site Title” for Copyright automatically in the current version. We are planning to give this option to users in the next version.

marcwitt
    Participant

Thanks a lot für this useful information. Is the same true for the “Read More” – Buttons leading the users to the post-page? Or the “by Marc” stating, who wrote the article? For your information, I´m from germany and want to localize my blog completely.

admin
    Participant

Hi,

Quote:
    Is the same true for the “Read More”

No.

Quote:
    I´m from germany and want to localize my blog completely.

Great. Arcane can be translated in any language. Arcane is provided with POT file i.e. “languages/arcane.pot”.
    You can translate theme strings like Read More and many others in your own language by using Poedit editor.

Following article will be helpful to you.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-theme/

Best

marcwitt
    Participant

Thank you! Really great support!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.