Hide Time Stamp

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wickedmint
    Participant

Hi, I would like to hide the time stamp on my posts. I would also like to show the Author’s name next to the date underneath the blog post title when I am viewing the main blog page (it shows on a single blog post page, but not on the main blog page that shows all posts).

How can I do this?

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Hi, I would like to hide the time stamp on my posts.

Please use the following CSS Code Snippet in the Extend Settings of Farad Options to hide date on Posts

.entry-date {
    display: none;
    }
    .entry-date+.entry-meta-sep {
    }[/CODE]

[B]I would also like to show the Author’s name next to the date underneath the blog post title when I am viewing the main blog page[/B]

You have to edit some templates to achieve this change. Please follow the steps,

Open `content.php`
    Replace the following code,
    [PHP][/PHP]
    with
    [PHP][/PHP]

So, you may edit other templates of post formats e.g. content-aside.php etc like this.

Thanks[CODE].entry-date {
    }
    .entry-date+.entry-meta-sep {
    }[/CODE]

I would also like to show the Author’s name next to the date underneath the blog post title when I am viewing the main blog page

You have to edit some templates to achieve this change. Please follow the steps,

Open `content.php`
    Replace the following code,
    [PHP][/PHP]
    with
    [PHP][/PHP]

So, you may edit other templates of post formats e.g. content-aside.php etc like this.

Thanks

wickedmint
    Participant

Thanks very much. I was able to add the Author’s name. However, the CSS snippet you gave me didn’t quite work. When I add that it hides both the Date and the Time. I only want to hide the Time. Is this possible?

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Quote:
    I only want to hide the Time. Is this possible?

You have full control on the display format of Date / Time. Please follow the simple steps,

Go to `Settings > General`
    Here you can change the Format of Date and Time.
    In order to hide time, Select Custom and leave the box empty.

Thanks

wickedmint
    Participant

Thank you! That worked. I had no idea that was an option. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.