How to remove author and dates?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    coolkid
    Participant

I have many challenges with the new theme as i don’t know how to get many of the themes working even after following the instructions in the tutorial. I think you might need to assign an engineer to me in order to share my website so they can see what i’m talking about.

1. How do i remove dates and authors from pages and/or posts for all pages except my blog page. From research, i know that its usually done by commenting out sections on single.php and page.php but this does not work with Future Pro as I can’t determine the date and author line.

2. I would like to adjust logo size in the header. From looking around in the forum, i found someone with the same problem but they had the Axon theme. I would like to know if this thread would work for me: http://designorbital.com/community/threads/how-to-adjust-logo-size-larger.197/#post-728

3. I can’t seem to get my slider and social media widgets to work, even after reading http://designorbital.com/community/threads/how-to-set-up-slider-in-designorbital-themes.72/. I imagine that this is also going to be one of those problems that you need to assign an engineer to.

admin
    Participant

Hello,
    No problem, we are here to answer the queries of our users.

Quote:
    How do i remove dates and authors from pages and/or posts for all pages except my blog page.

Please follow the simple steps,

Open template `future/content-single.php` (For Posts)
    Open template `future/content-page.php` (For Pages)

Edit the following section according to your need,

[/CODE]

Note: There is not Author / Date for pages. So, you may edit `content-single.php` for posts.

[QUOTE] I would like to adjust logo size in the header.[/QUOTE]

Ideal height for Logo is 80px. You may try different dimensions to fit according to your need.

[QUOTE] I can’t seem to get my slider and social media widgets to work[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to setup slider for Widgetized Pages or for Blog Posts ?

[B]For Blog Posts:[/B]

Please follow the simple steps.

– Go to `Posts > Add New`
    – Set the Post Title say `Post Slider`
    – Select `Gallery` from the Post Formats
    – Click `Add Media` and Upload images *** Don’t insert these images to the Post Editor
    – After Uploading images, simply close the Media Dialog
    – Select `Flex Slider` or `Nivo Slider` from the Post Settings meta box.
    – Publish the post

Please feel free to ask additional questions.
    Thanks[CODE]

[/CODE]

Note: There is not Author / Date for pages. So, you may edit `content-single.php` for posts.

Quote:
    I would like to adjust logo size in the header.

Ideal height for Logo is 80px. You may try different dimensions to fit according to your need.

Quote:
    I can’t seem to get my slider and social media widgets to work

Are you trying to setup slider for Widgetized Pages or for Blog Posts ?

For Blog Posts:

Please follow the simple steps.

– Go to `Posts > Add New`
    – Set the Post Title say `Post Slider`
    – Select `Gallery` from the Post Formats
    – Click `Add Media` and Upload images *** Don’t insert these images to the Post Editor
    – After Uploading images, simply close the Media Dialog
    – Select `Flex Slider` or `Nivo Slider` from the Post Settings meta box.
    – Publish the post

Please feel free to ask additional questions.
    Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.