How to translate the “Read more” link?

WordPress Themes, Plugins and HTML Templates Forums Antenna WordPress Theme How to translate the “Read more” link?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,

I’ve translated the antenna theme in german, but there is still something that I can’t find: “Read more”.
    Can you please help me find out where I can translate that?
    Thank you in advance.

admin
    Participant

Hello,

I have noticed that “Read More” string is missing in our POT file. I have set this task at high priority, and we will release new version of Antenna soon with this and any other missing translation string.

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback.

Anonymous

Hello,

this is much appreciated. :)
    Thanks a lot.

radkah
    Participant

Hi, I just purchased Antenna theme and I need help with post page. By default, Antenna will cut off my text and create an automatic excerpt. This is not working for me and I would like to see entire post on Home page. According to you Getting Started page, you can tune the excerpt by using the Excerpt box, but I can find it/see it on my page. Where it is or how I can found it? Thank you :)

admin
    Participant

Hello Radkah,

I will refer you the “Adding Homepage Excerpts” section of Antenna documentation.

Adding Homepage Excerpts

As you can see on the Antenna demo, each post has a small text excerpt that represents the post. This can be done in a couple different ways.

• By default, Antenna will cut off your text and create an automatic excerpt using the first 35 words. While this will work, it’s not the cleanest option, since it will truncate your content automatically.
    • You can fine tune the excerpt by using the Excerpt box when creating your post. I recommend this option because it gives you the most control over how the excerpt displays.

http://designorbital.com/community/threads/antenna-wordpress-theme.215/

Quote:
    This is not working for me

It should work, as it is default feature of WordPress core. Can you share your blog ?

Quote:
    According to you Getting Started page, you can tune the excerpt by using the Excerpt box, but I can find it/see it on my page.

Make sure, “Excerpt” is checked in “Screen Options”. Following link will be helpful to you,

http://en.support.wordpress.com/screen-options/

Thanks

radkah
    Participant

Thank you for reply. But that is what I DON’T WANT IT. I am not looking for Excerpt, I actually want to cancel excerpt and see an entire full post on my Home page.
    I did checked Excerpt just to see, and I was trying to copy my post, including pics and video, but it only copied entire text. I turn it off then. Please help. Thank you :).

My home page is: http://radkah.com

admin
    Participant

[USER=382]@radkah[/USER],

I am not looking for Excerpt, I actually want to cancel excerpt and see an entire full post on my Home page.

Antenna is Magazine WordPress Theme so it displays Excerpts on Home & Archive pages.

I actually want to cancel excerpt and see an entire full post on my Home page.

It can be possible by little change in the relevant templates. If you are comfortable to edit the code, than i can share you Code Snippet with details.

Thanks

admin
    Participant

[USER=356]@matthias[/USER],

We have updated POT file in the new version of Antenna 1.1. “Read More” string translation should work now.

Thanks

radkah
    Participant

Well, I’m not really that comfortable with editing codes, but I can try …:) Please sent me Code Snippet (with a little narration, please). Thank you.

admin
    Participant

[USER=382]@radkah[/USER],

I will contact you via email within a day or two after making templates of your need.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.