Image Help + Maps

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    syn3rgy
    Participant

Hi,

Please could you help me with a couple of things on the wedding theme:

1) We use the following page as an example: http://themes.designorbital.com/wedding/ceremony/
    I notice that your images “touch sides” on both ends of the page, however, when i look at my site, i have two wite margins down the side.
    http://robandmariana.co.uk/?page_id=76

2) Please could you let me know what maps you are using as i really like yours as it has the border etc.

3) on the home page, where you have “About Daisy and About Albert” please could you advise how i may remove the text underneath as i do not want a bit of the description coming up

4) why do some images appear underneath the banner instaead of replacing the banner, example shown here
    http://robandmariana.co.uk/?page_id=132

Thank you

syn3rgy
    Participant

Hi,
    I have managed to sort item number 3 and 4. If you could kindly provide assistance with the remaining points it would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to ask if it is possible to do sub menus as, while i have all the menu items down the side, I want to have the last menu option to have sub menus

example
    [IMG]https://db.tt/GLXzcxJ7[/IMG]

admin
    Participant

Hello,

[USER=492]@syn3rgy[/USER] – Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
    I notice that your images “touch sides” on both ends of the page, however, when i look at my site, i have two wite margins down the side.

Sorry for the delayed response due to debugging of your blog’s code. We have observed a wrong way of loading Google Fonts in the `style.css`. Please remove the very first line of Google Fonts from `style.css` i.e.

[HTML][/HTML]

This is not a correct way to load Google Fonts via CSS. You may use this line in the `head` section of your blog that will be found in `header.php`. Example,

[PHP]

[/PHP]

Quote:
    Please could you let me know what maps you are using as i really like yours as it has the border etc.

We were using Comprehensive Google Map Plugin but it is discontinued by developer.
    Currently, we are using WP Google Map Plugin, It is simple and very easy to use.

Quote:
    I would also like to ask if it is possible to do sub menus as,

Sorry, Wedding WordPress theme does not support sub-menus in its current version.

Thanks

syn3rgy
    Participant

Thank you for your help. I have now changed the font to the header.php.

I have installed the WP Google Map Plugin. is there a way to centre it on the page? currently it is sitting to the left of the page and no mapper what i do, i cannot centre it

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Quote:
    I have installed the WP Google Map Plugin. is there a way to centre it on the page?

Here is little hack to centre WP Google Map.

Go to `Appearance > Customize > Theme Custom CSS`

Enter the following CSS Code Snippet,

[HTML]#wgmpmap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    }[/HTML]

Thanks

admin
    Participant

[USER=492]@syn3rgy[/USER] – Important,

I have observed, you have entered wrong Google Fonts syntax in the header which is causing error and these fonts are not loading. Here is correct syntax,

[/CODE]

Just for information, are you using these fonts some where in the theme ?

Thanks[CODE][/CODE]

Just for information, are you using these fonts some where in the theme ?

Thanks

syn3rgy
    Participant

Hi Admin,

Thank you. I have updated the line in the header.php file. I am pretty much using the Alex Brush font throughout the theme.

Please could you kindly assist me in another change.

I would like to decrease the margin size on the “default template” as shown in the image so that i can have a wider centre area for writing, I plan to do this on a few pages.

Please could you also advise how you did your Guest book. I would like to do the same however, I would like to make it with the “full page” template and not have the widgets down the side.

Thank you

Thank you

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Quote:
    I would like to decrease the margin size on the “default template”

We are using Bootstrap Grid System in Wedding WordPress Theme. It is very well optimized for different devices like iPhone, Macbook etc
    We recommend not to change default settings of this grid. Your blog is looking great from small to Large displays. You may feel some space at very large displays like iMac.

Quote:
    Please could you also advise how you did your Guest book.

Guest book is a standard WordPress page with comments enabled.

Quote:
    I would like to make it with the “full page” template

Simply choose “Full Width Template” for your Guest Book page.

Thanks

syn3rgy
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.
    With regards to the last point to “simply just “full width template” for the guest book page. i currently have it set to that but it does not change to full width.

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Let follow the simple steps for the Guestbook Full Width Page.

– Go to `Pages > Add New`
    – Let give the title `Guest Book` and some content like `Leave your wishes, comments and thoughts at this page!`
    – Choose `Full Width Page` template from Page Attributes
    – Publish the Page

I have done this and it is working fine.
    Thanks

syn3rgy
    Participant

Please see attached

admin
    Participant
    Quote:
    Please see attached

I have visited your Guest Book Page i.e. http://robandmariana.co.uk/?page_id=419
    This page is currently showing regular blogs posts which means this page is currently set to Posts Page in `Settings > Reading`
    Please use some other page for Blog Posts e.g.,

Create a page and named it “blog” or “news” etc
    Publish it.
    Now set appropriate Front Page and Posts Page in the `Settings > Reading`

Thanks

syn3rgy
    Participant

Unfortunately that wont really work for what i am trying to achieve. currently, if you leave a comment on the “leave a comment page” it gets published on the “guest book” page. If i change the blog settings in Settings > Reading to another page, the comments no longer come through on the “guest book” page.

admin
    Participant
    Quote:
    Unfortunately that wont really work for what i am trying to achieve

It will work. Let understand the concept of comments.

– You may enable or disable comments for any page or post via Screen Options. Make sure Discussion is checked for a page. OR Following article will be helpful to you regarding to enable / disable comments.

http://en.support.wordpress.com/enable-disable-comments/

Example:

Let create another page for Guest Book say “Guest Book New Page”
    Make sure Comments are enabled for this page
    Publish it by selecting Full Width Page

See the Results. If you are still unable to set up Guest Book than i will email you personally to set it up for you
    Thanks

syn3rgy
    Participant

Thanks for the Help :) managed to make the changes and a few customization. I seem to be stuck on the bit with trying to remove the very bottom of the comments form. I am trying to remove the text below the comments box where it says ” You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

"

Please could you let me know where i can find this to remove it.

Thanks again :) loving the theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.