Image slider

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello, I am having problem setting up the image slider for my home page. I downloaded Alula today and have been trying to build a page with a logo as my header on the top left and a slider showing 5/6 images in rotation spanning the whole page below this header. The logo is fine but I cannot find how to set up the slider. Can someone please give me some advise on this issue?
    Thanks.

admin
    Participant

Hello,

I think you are trying to build a layout like..

http://themes.designorbital.com/alula/

Logo at the Top
    Slider

Following tutorials will be helpful to you,

How To Create Different Layouts In Designorbital Themes
    How To Set Up Slider In Designorbital Themes

Please spend some moments to read these tutorials and you will love to create unlimited layouts of your own choice.

Enjoy!

Anonymous

Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes you are correct, that is what I am anting to do, I al using Alula and would like images right across the page.

I have looked at those tutorials you suggested. I have some option missing from my page editing options. Below the Sidebar Settings Meta Box there is no option to assign sidebars. I have a dropdown box entitled “WordPress SEO by Yoast”.

I have tested out the Flexslider in the footer widget column 1 and it works perfectly. I am just having problem moving it to the front page. When I do so all I get it a grey bog with “Blog” in it.

Thanks

admin
    Participant

Hello,

I have some option missing from my page editing options. Below the Sidebar Settings Meta Box there is no option to assign sidebars.

Yes, Alula does not support Multiple Sidebars and Alula has already pre-configured Sidebar i.e. Front Page, So please ignore this point.

Make Sure you have set your Front Page Correctly

Here is the tutorial,

http://designorbital.com/community/threads/how-to-create-front-page-in-designorbital-wordpress-themes.20/

Now use Slider Widgets i.e. Flexslider or Nivoslider

When you have set the Front Page correctly, you are able to use Slider Widgets easily. Simple Go to,

Appearance > Widgets

and Drop your desired widget to the Front Page sidebar. It will start appearing on your Front Page.

Thanks

Anonymous

Thanks a lot for you advice. It is working perfectly now.

admin
    Participant

Great! Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.