Is it possible to create a portfolio of PDF’s that can be downloaded?

WordPress Themes, Plugins and HTML Templates Forums Contango WordPress Theme Is it possible to create a portfolio of PDF’s that can be downloaded?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m looking to post all my downloadable content on my Downloads page.
    How can I create a portfolio of these PDFs?

Thanks,
    Sal

admin
    Participant

Hello Sal,
    Let me clarify the concept of Portfolio in DesignOrbital themes.

Concept of Portfolio

Portfolio can be any thing i.e. Picture, Video, PDF, Presentation etc

Concept of Portfolio Post

• Portfolio is a simple Custom Post Type (Just like normal blog post)
    • So it has all the power of a WordPress blog post,
      • You can write/compose just like a normal blog post
      • You can attach any media to the post like Videos, Images, PDF etc

Concept of Portfolio Display
    As, we are dealing Portfolio a separate Custom Post Type, so its Display is totally different from a normal Blog Post. Only REQUIREMENT to beautify its display is at-least one Featured Image OR an image inserted to a particular post.

• Example, We have displayed Video Portfolio(s) by taking Front Shot of these videos.

I think you have learned the Concept of Portfolio. As my idea,
    How can I create a portfolio of these PDFs?

• Prepare a beautiful Thumbnail (Featured Image) of your PDF file.
    • Create a new Portfolio Post and assign your created image as Featured Image to that Portfolio post.
    • Now the Display has been controlled by Contango theme and your visitor will fall at your created Portfolio post.
    • Now in that post, you can provide link to your PDF that will definitely be controlled by some suitable download plugin like Download Monitor

Upcoming Version of Contango
    We are also planning to provide a Custom URL link at the Display level just like in Farad WordPress Theme. So the admin can bypass the default post link and can send the user to its desired URL without falling on Portfolio Post.
    Thanks!

Anonymous

But how do I decide which portfolio items to put on my certain pages? There’s no option to choose which ones to show on separate pages?

admin
    Participant

Hi Sal,

But how do I decide which portfolio items to put on my certain pages?

Every Portfolio post will have its own page.

I will recommend to start playing with Portfolio Custom Post Type for some moments. You will grasp the idea soon.

Thanks!

Anonymous

I mean, I would like a portfolio on a Downloads parent page and also a separate and different portfolio on a Videos parent page.
    Where can I select which portfolio pages I want shown on each of those parent/menu pages?

admin
    Participant

Hi Sally,
    Following points will be helpful to you!

I would like a portfolio on a Downloads parent page

Sally, you can create unlimited portfolios (Multiple Layouts / Multiple Pages) or (any other custom post type) in Contango. I will recommend to read the following tutorial in depth.

http://designorbital.com/community/threads/how-to-create-different-layouts-in-designorbital-themes.23/

and also a separate and different portfolio on a Videos parent page.

Above tutorial will be helpful to you for the different layouts of Portfolio. Example,

We are displaying different portfolio at Home Page 1: http://themes.designorbital.com/contango/
    and different portfolio at Home Page 2: http://themes.designorbital.com/contango/home-page-2/

Where can I select which portfolio pages I want shown on each of those parent/menu pages?

Logic of creation different pages of portfolio is explained in the above tutorial.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.