Just upgraded to Prana Premium

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi:

I have a couple of questions for you. I purchased Prana Pro v. 1.4 before Christmas, and now I see that you are up to v 5.0. What are the differences between these versions? (ie. is is worth purchasing v 5.0?)

I just got around to installing Prana Pro the other day onto the web site http://www.monogramgallery.ca (been busy!), and while the installation seemed to go OK, there are a couple of things that are a bit wonky. The web version seems to be OK, but the iPhone and iPad renderings are a bit strange.

The web version as text in the Primary Sidebar – these do not show up at all in the iPhone version, but do in the iPad.

Additionally, I have a table – three columns with a width of 200 – embedded in my posts . On the web version, this table is aligned with the width of the main post, on the iPhone and iPad versions, the width of the table extends substantially to the right.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

admin
    Participant

Hello,

I have a couple of questions for you. I purchased Prana Pro v. 1.4 before Christmas, and now I see that you are up to v 5.0. What are the differences between these versions?

Please see the changelog of prana WordPress theme.

(ie. is is worth purchasing v 5.0?)

You don’t need to purchase Prana. I think your subscription will be active as it is valid for One year. So you can download Prana 5.0 from your members area. Please revisit the Changelog before going to upgrade Prana.

The web version as text in the Primary Sidebar – these do not show up at all in the iPhone version, but do in the iPad.

At small screens, sidebar go beneath the content. I am able to see the sidebar at iPhone.

Additionally, I have a table – three columns with a width of 200 – embedded in my posts . On the web version, this table is aligned with the width of the main post, on the iPhone and iPad versions, the width of the table extends substantially to the right.

First, we always recommend to use DIV based structure instead of tables. But if it is really needed to use tables, than following points will be helpful to you,

– Make very sure that width of table should be 100% not in pixels. %age based width adjusts to the view-ports automatically.
    – Make very sure that width of any TD or TR should also be in %age instead of pixels.

Thanks

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your quick reply and suggestions! Is there anyway to configure the page so that the sidebar does not go beneath the content, but is visible at the top on the page?

Anonymous
    admin, post: 683, member: 1 wrote:
    Hello,

I have a couple of questions for you. I purchased Prana Pro v. 1.4 before Christmas, and now I see that you are up to v 5.0. What are the differences between these versions?

Please see the changelog of prana WordPress theme.

(ie. is is worth purchasing v 5.0?)

You don’t need to purchase Prana. I think your subscription will be active as it is valid for One year. So you can download Prana 5.0 from your members area. Please revisit the Changelog before going to upgrade Prana.

At small screens, sidebar go beneath the content. I am able to see the sidebar at iPhone.

First, we always recommend to use DIV based structure instead of tables. But if it is really needed to use tables, than following points will be helpful to you,

– Make very sure that width of table should be 100% not in pixels. %age based width adjusts to the view-ports automatically.
    – Make very sure that width of any TD or TR should also be in %age instead of pixels.

Thanks

Hi – I am not sure where I can download Prana v 5.0 – can you please send me instructions or a url?
    Thanks

Anonymous
    elkeclarke, post: 685, member: 182 wrote:
    Hi – I am not sure where I can download Prana v 5.0 – can you please send me instructions or a url?
    Thanks

Hi – found the new version and installed it – thanks! Zip file did not download properly with Safari, but did with Chrome

admin
    Participant
    elkeclarke, post: 684, member: 182 wrote:
    Thank you very much for your quick reply and suggestions! Is there anyway to configure the page so that the sidebar does not go beneath the content, but is visible at the top on the page?

All responsive themes are designed in a way to support best SEO techniques. Content always come first as compared to aside areas. It helps Google and other search engines to read and index the contents of blog.

Thanks

Anonymous
    admin, post: 687, member: 1 wrote:
    All responsive themes are designed in a way to support best SEO techniques. Content always come first as compared to aside areas. It helps Google and other search engines to read and index the contents of blog.

Thanks

Thanks again, for the quick response

Anonymous
    elkeclarke, post: 685, member: 182 wrote:
    Thanks
    elkeclarke, post: 689, member: 182 wrote:
    Thanks again, for the quick response

Any suggestions on how I can convert an HTML table into css? Any direction that you could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

admin
    Participant

Hello,

Any suggestions on how I can convert an HTML table into css?

Writing the DIV based structure depends on the need. Let suppose,

– You want two columns
    – Each column has image on top and description on bottom than the simple DIV structure can be,

[HTML]

Lorum Ipsum

Lorum Ipsum

[/HTML]

– Now you need to write some CSS code to display them properly like,

[HTML]/** Clear the main wrapper */
    .clear:before,
    .clear:after {
    content: ”;
    display: table;
    }
    .clear:after {
    clear: both;
    }

/* Let make the columns */
    .my-col1 {
    float: left;
    width: 50%;
    }

.my-col2 {
    float: left;
    width: 50%;
    }[/HTML]

You can increase your knowledge with the help of above example and good tutorials on internet.
    Thanks

Anonymous

Thanks! I really appreciate your help on this

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.