Linkability of Portfolio Featured Images

WordPress Themes, Plugins and HTML Templates Forums Farad WordPress Theme Linkability of Portfolio Featured Images

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello there! Thanks so much for creating this beautiful theme – I’m having such fun creating with it. Here’s what I’m creating.

A quick question for you:

Is it possible to add specific links to the Featured Images of the Portfolio section? Currently, all the images default link to the URL location of the image but I would like to ‘break’ this, so that these images can link to their corresponding Portfolio page.

Can you let me know how I might go about doing this? I’m happy to dig into the framework code in order to achieve this.

Thank you!

Tara @[USER=108]ElasticMind[/USER]

admin
    Participant

Hi Tara,

Hello there! Thanks so much for creating this beautiful theme – I’m having such fun creating with it.

You have created wonderful website powered by Farad WordPress Theme. Congrats!

Is it possible to add specific links to the Featured Images of the Portfolio section? Currently, all the images default link to the URL location of the image but I would like to ‘break’ this, so that these images can link to their corresponding Portfolio page.

Title will link to the Portfolio or Custom URL and IMAGE will link to prettyPhoto in the current version. There is no built-in option to link the image to the Portfolio or Custom URL.

Can you let me know how I might go about doing this? I’m happy to dig into the framework code in order to achieve this.

I have forward your question to our developers so they will share the code with you soon.

I have also added this option to our development track, so this option will be added in the incoming version of Farad.

Thanks

Anonymous

Thank you very much for getting back to me on this topic:>) I look forward to hearing back from the developers, and I really appreciate you sharing the question with them. And it’s awesome to hear it’s now in the development track.

Tara

admin
    Participant

Hi Tara,

Let play with the code :) to link Portfolio images to the Portfolio / Custom links for Farad WordPress theme.

Part 1: Modify Portfolio Widget

File: farad/lib/core.php
    Section: Portfolio Widget
    Line No: ~3684

Locate the code: ~3838 Line

” rel=”prettyPhoto”>[/CODE]

Replace it with the following code:

[CODE]“>[/CODE]

[B]Part 2: Modify Portfolio Layout[/B]

File: farad/layout-portfolio.php
    Locate the code: ~103 Line

[CODE]” rel=”prettyPhoto”>[/CODE]

[CODE]“>[/CODE]

Don’t forget to take backup before made changes in the files.
    Enjoy![CODE]” rel=”prettyPhoto”>[/CODE]

“>[/CODE]

[B]Part 2: Modify Portfolio Layout[/B]

[CODE]” rel=”prettyPhoto”>[/CODE]

[CODE]“>[/CODE]

Enjoy![CODE]“>[/CODE]

Part 2: Modify Portfolio Layout

” rel=”prettyPhoto”>[/CODE]

[CODE]“>[/CODE]

Enjoy![CODE]” rel=”prettyPhoto”>[/CODE]

“>[/CODE]

Enjoy![CODE]“>[/CODE]

Enjoy!

Anonymous

Awesome. Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.