New to Wisteria Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Deron Sizemore
    Participant

Hi,

Just purchased Wisteria Pro and have questions about customizing the theme. I’ve been going through the customizer options and I’ve yet to figure out how to customize these options:

1. Category folder color. I updated the primary color, but folder color is still default purple.
    2. Header, top menu, main nav and footer background color. I’ve went through all of the options (or so I think?) and I don’t see how to alter background colors in these areas.

In addition to that, I’m not seeing my featured image post on the single blog post detail page. I see the featured image on the homepage with each post, but it’s not on the detail. I see on the demo of Wisteria that the featured image shows up in the body of the detail post. How is that accomplished?

I was also curious if there’s a recommended image size for posts? I see some of my featured images aren’t the correct ratio to fit with the design so I’ll need to do some cropping on them. Thanks!

Deron Sizemore
    Participant

I had another question I’m hoping someone can answer as well. I noticed that on my site where I’ve added the Wisteria Instagram widget, the photos are all different heights. Is there any way to make them all the same width/height ratio so the design is a little cleaner? Here’s what I’m talking about (check the sidebar): http://www.golfledger.com/

Deron Sizemore
    Participant

In regards to the Instagram feed, I was able to get it working with some CSS and media queries. I’m not sure if it’s the best approach, but it seems to work in newer browsers at least:

.wisteria-instagram-wrapper img {
    	object-fit: cover;
    }

@media (min-width: 1279px) {
    		height: 100px;
    	}
    }

@media (min-width: 1200px) and (max-width: 1279px) {
    		height: 87px;
    	}	
    }

@media (min-width: 991px) and (max-width: 1199px) {
    		height: 68px;
    	}	
    }

@media (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 991px) {
    		height: 189px;
    	}	
    }

@media (min-width: 576px) and (max-width: 768px) {
    		height: 144px;
    	}	
    }

@media (max-width: 576px) {
    		height: 150px;
    	}	
    }

@media (max-width: 500px) {
    		height: 100px;
    	}	
    }
    Deron Sizemore
    Participant

Hello again! I apologize for all of the questions, but I struggling now with featured posts. I’m not exactly sure how they work? It seems simple. Just tag a post as “featured” and then it should show in the featured area. Where exactly is the featured area? when I take a post with “featured” I don’ see any change on my site. Nothing happens.

Again, the site is: http://www.golfledger.com

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Following sections of Wisteria documentation will help you,

Wisteria Documentation

Wisteria Documentation

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.