New To WordPress Have Big Theme Question

WordPress Themes, Plugins and HTML Templates Forums Dicot WordPress Theme New To WordPress Have Big Theme Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    toorelaxed
    Participant

I’m an experienced and Certified Dreamweaver CC user. When I purchase an HTML, CSS or Bootstrap template as I load it onto my server when I view it, it shows up just like the template I purchased. When I open this WordPress Template there is nothing but Blog Crap. The carousel right below the menu is not there, no pictures, nothing. If I have to piece this together using widgets, plug-in’s, ect., why do you purchase a pre-made wordpress template? Sorry just want this explained somehow since I’m new at WordPress (Customer requested). HTML5, Editing the CSS files, adding PHP coding is all great but I wanted to save time. Thanks Again, Larry

admin
    Participant

Hi,

Quote:
    When I open this WordPress Template there is nothing but Blog Crap.

WordPress themes are PHP based and a page is displayed by combining several template parts e.g. header, footer, sidebar, content etc

Quote:
    why do you purchase a pre-made wordpress template?

Simply, to save time and don’t invent the wheel again.
    You purchase WordPress theme. Use it as is or customize it to meet your need.

Quote:
    Sorry just want this explained somehow since I’m new at WordPress (Customer requested).

No problem.
    You have to learn,

– WordPress Theme Development
    – WordPress Theme Concepts
    – etc

Following link will be helpful to you and will address your all questions,

https://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.