Portfolio or Gallery?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello

I have just started to use the Contango Theme and so far I am very impressed. I have a little blog (http://sewacrookedline.com) and wanted an clean looking theme that was easy to use and where I could put posts and photos of what I have made.

The main thing I want to do is have a blog with posts (a page for this has been created) and then another page where I put pictures of what I have made and then linking these pictures to a relevant post? I have created a page “Made”.

I am using a portfolio on the front page and have this with a sortable list (is it possible to have the front page with a portfolio but without the sortable list?), what would be the best way to setup my “made” page? If I use the portfolio posts, I would not need to put these posts into my blog..

I am currently using the Widgetkit plugin for its gallery in another blog I have; would this be compatible with your theme?

Hope this makes sense.

regards

stephanie

admin
    Participant

Hi,

I have just started to use the Contango Theme and so far I am very impressed.

Thanks for the appreciation.

I am using a portfolio on the front page and have this with a sortable list (is it possible to have the front page with a portfolio but without the sortable list?),

This option has been introduced in Farad. But i have forwarded it to our Developer’s team to integrate this feature in the Contango soon.

what would be the best way to setup my “made” page? If I use the portfolio posts, I would not need to put these posts into my blog..

It all depends on the need.
    Again this features is available in Farad to bypass the Portfolio built-in link and point to any custom URL. I am also going to forward these notes to the developers and requesting them to push the version within next 7 business days.

I am currently using the Widgetkit plugin for its gallery in another blog I have; would this be compatible with your theme?

DesignOrbital themes has all built-in hooks/filters of WordPress so any third party plugin should work properly.

Thanks

Anonymous

Thanks for the prompt reply.. another question, if I have more than one portfolio page, how do I give them their own sortable list. At the moment I can’t seem to do that..

Stephanie

admin
    Participant

Hi Stephanie,

if I have more than one portfolio page, how do I give them their own sortable list.

If your question is about different “Filters” in “Sort Portfolio” drop down than this power is not available in the current version. Filters will automatically loaded in the drop down.

If your question is about different “Items” at different Portfolio pages than this power is available in the Cotango. Please see the following tutorial,

http://designorbital.com/community/threads/recommended-method-to-use-custom-post-types-widgets-in-different-layouts.30/

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.