the call to

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi.

My dashboard started displaying this thing when I disabled a few plugins:

Quote:
    Your active theme:

• Has the call to but it is not called directly before

What does it mean? Shall I worry about that?

Thanks
    Kamil

admin
    Participant

Hi Kamil,

We have re-checked our Contango Pro and it is 100% according to WordPress standards.

wp_footer call is just before the body tag, and you may verify it by opening footer.php file. This call may be due to some other themes or plugins. Try to disable all plugins.

Thanks

Anonymous

Thanks for the response.

In the meantime I started getting more errors like that. I thought “that’s enough” and disabled all the plugins. Errors disappeared and the site is now super fast too :-)

Big thanks
    Kamil

Anonymous

Update for the record:

I checked the footer.php and head.php and both were containing the lines that the error was about. I found out that it was cause by an add-on (Test Head Footer by Matt Martz) to a plugin (WordPress Pop Up Plugin). I disabled the add-on and now there’s no error message, which seems to be a mistake as I found both lines in the files that the add-on was complaining about.

Big thanks

admin
    Participant

Hi Kamil,
    Thanks for the feedback.

Kamil, the most appropriate and recommended way to check the code standard of any WordPress theme is the “Theme Check Plugin” by otto. You may install it to check the code health of any theme.

DesignOrbital also participates to the WordPress.org in the form of free wordpress themes and theme reviews. So, we are very sensitive to keep our themes according to WordPress standards. Our premium wordpress themes also follow the same strict rules to deliver the quality themes to our users.

Once again thanks for your time and feedback.
    Take Care

Anonymous

Hi,

Out of curiosity I ran the test check with Theme Check plugin and this is what I got:

Quote:
    Theme Info:
    screenshot.png
    600×450 294k
    TitleContango Pro

Version1.5

AuthorDesignOrbital.com

Author URIhttp://designorbital.com/

Theme URIhttp://designorbital.com/contango-pro/

Tagswhite, light, two-columns, right-sidebar, fixed-width, custom-background, custom-header, custom-menu, featured-images, flexible-header, sticky-post, theme-options, threaded-comments, translation-ready

DescriptionContango is a responsive and highly versatile multi-purpose WordPress theme. The clean layout and sleek features make Contango a great option for your e-resume, online portfolio, agency, small business, entrepreneur or other professional website.

Running 15955 tests against Contango Pro using Guidelines Version: 20131213 Plugin revision: 1

One or more errors were found for Contango Pro.

• WARNING: error_log PHP error log found.
    • RECOMMENDED: Screenshot size should be 880×660, to account for HiDPI displays. Any 4:3 image size is acceptable, but 880×660 is preferred.
    • RECOMMENDED: No reference to the_post_thumbnail() was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement this functionality instead of using custom fields for thumbnails.
    • RECOMMENDED: No reference to add_editor_style() was found in the theme. It is recommended that the theme implement editor styling, so as to make the editor content match the resulting post output in the theme, for a better user experience.
    • RECOMMENDED: Tags: is either empty or missing in style.css header.
    • INFO: Possible hard-coded links were found in the file lib/core.php.
      Line 708:
    • INFO: lib/init.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.
      Line 44: require_once( KAMN_LIB_DIR . ‘core.php’ );
      Line 47: require_once( KAMN_LIB_DIR . ‘modules.php’ );
      Line 53: require_once( KAMN_ADMIN_DIR . ‘admin.php’ );
      Line 56: require_once( KAMN_ADMIN_DIR . ‘notify.php’ );
      Line 66: require_once( KAMN_LIB_DIR . ‘utils.php’ );
    • INFO: lib/css/typography-custom.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.
      Line 16: require_once( $wp_load1 );
      Line 29: require_once( $wp_load );
    • INFO: lib/css/skin-custom.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.
    • INFO: lib/css/extend-css.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.
    • INFO: lib/admin/admin.php The theme appears to use include or require. If these are being used to include separate sections of a template from independent files, then get_template_part() should be used instead.
      Line 40: require_once( KAMN_ADMIN_DIR . ‘page.php’ );
      Line 1069: require( KAMN_ADMIN_DIR . ‘google-webfonts.php’ );
      Line 1082: require( KAMN_ADMIN_DIR . ‘google-webfonts.php’ );

Is that ok? Or shall I fix something?

Big thanks again
    Kamil

admin
    Participant

Hi Kamil,
    I am happy that you have tested the plugin and posted the results. It will also help you to test other free and premium themes.

Is that ok? Or shall I fix something?

Short answer is – It is Perfect

Long Answer

REQUIRED:

Theme Check result should not throw any REQUIRED output. If theme check result is free from REQUIRED output, than the theme is perfect and according to WordPress coding standards.

WARNING:

Same as REQUIRED. There should not be WARNING output by Theme Check plugin.

In your case, Theme Check has detected an error_log file by PHP. Find this file and delete it.

* This file is not the part of our Theme Package

RECOMMENDED:

No need to worry,

Screenshot size should be 880×660: This rule has been added recently after the launch of WordPress 3.8. So we will update theme screenshot in the next version.

INFO:

No need to worry.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.