WordPress.com vs WordPress.org

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Help! I spent a lot of time getting our blog just the way we want it:

http://www.patientsafetybydesign.wordpress.com

We wanted to add Embedly cards to our blog so we switched over to WordPress.org

http://www.patientsafetybydesign.com/

Having a bit of trouble getting the new blog to look like the old one. For example, the background image used in the wordpress.com version is spread the width and height of the blog (like we want). In the wordpress.org version (new one) the background image is this tiny, little picture centered on the top of the page. Can’t figure out how to get it bigger.

Also, the font selection is limited in wordpress.org. I am missing the Source Sans Pro font for the header and the Minion Pro font for the body. Any way to get those back?

I had a problem with this before and it is still an issue in the .org version. Our tagline, “Helping you protect the patient and the hospital”… if you look closely at the “p” and the “g”, the very bottom of both letters is cut off slightly. (More apparent on the “g” than “p” and varies depending on the font chosen.) Is there a way to make this area height taller so there is no issue with the letters getting cut off on the bottom?

I do not know how to write CSS code, but I do know how to cut and paste it! LOL

admin
    Participant

Hello,

I am unable to see your blog at WordPress.com as the name-servers are resolved to your new hosting.

Having a bit of trouble getting the new blog to look like the old one. For example, the background image used in the wordpress.com version is spread the width and height of the blog (like we want). In the wordpress.org version (new one) the background image is this tiny, little picture centered on the top of the page. Can’t figure out how to get it bigger.

I think you have fixed it. Background Image settings can easily be adjusted by following the simple steps,

– Go to Appearance > Cutomize > Background Image
    – Upload your background image
    – You can adjust background repeat, position and attachment according to your need

Also, the font selection is limited in wordpress.org. I am missing the Source Sans Pro font for the header and the Minion Pro font for the body. Any way to get those back?

WordPress.com has its own Premium Fonts while at WordPress.org, we use Google Web Fonts which are free. We have integrated most popular fonts of Google Web Fonts and are committed to update Fonts List with the passage of time. I hope, you will enjoy the Google Web Fonts for your projects and blogs.

Our tagline, “Helping you protect the patient and the hospital”… if you look closely at the “p” and the “g”, the very bottom of both letters is cut off slightly.

Please follow the simple steps.

– Go to Appearance > Customize > Theme Custom CSS
    – Enter the following CSS Code Snippet in the Custom CSS Box

.site-description {
    line-height: 1.5;
    }[/CODE]

* You may adjust line height accordingly. May be 1.8 or 2.0

Thanks[CODE].site-description {
    line-height: 1.5;
    }[/CODE]

* You may adjust line height accordingly. May be 1.8 or 2.0

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.