June 13, 2013 at 4:32 am #311AnonymousGuest
Can you walk me through how to add a Flexslider to a Blog Post?
Also – I love in your preview theme (http://themes.designorbital.com/contango/) that the grey background permeates the whole website, not just the fringe. How can I do that (i.e. the grey outside comes in between the “squares” of headers?June 13, 2013 at 5:13 am #767AnonymousGuest
Also – Can you show me how I can add a flexslider with photos to my “Home” page before the text (Hi, a little spotlight on me)
Thanks very much!!June 13, 2013 at 5:58 am #768
Following points might be helpful to you.
Grey background permeates the whole website, not just the fringe.
I think you are talking for Wide Layout. Just follow the steps,
- Go to Appearance > Contango Options
- Select Layout Settings tab
- Choose Wide Layout and Save Changes
Now you are in Wide Layout mode, Now you can beautify or adjust it according to your taste by applying,
- Suitable Texture by going to Appearance > Background
- Upload your High Retina Logo i.e 560 x 150 px via Appearance > Header
EnjoyJune 13, 2013 at 6:22 am #769
Flexslider to a Blog Post
Just follow the steps,
- Write new post via Posts > Add New
- Attach 2 to 3 images for slider via Add Media at the top left corner of editor [Don’t insert these images to the edior *Just Attach*]
- Select Flex Slider in Post Settings metabox below the editor (You may also choose Nivo Slider fro the box)
- You may choose Post Format Galler from the right metabox
- Publish the post and rest will be handled by Contango
Take CareJune 13, 2013 at 6:28 am #770
Home Page Settings
Just follow the simple steps,
- Slides, Services and Clients are controlled via Custom Post Types in the Contango
- So, you can create any above fragment just like a normal post
- For Example, to create a slide,
- Go to Slides > Add New
- Set Featured Image as Slide and other settings at this panel
- You can create unlimited slides in this manner. You may read readme.txt file for recommended image dimensions
- Now the Home Page or Front Page is completely Widgetized .
- You may set Front Page as Home Page, Read this tutorial > http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page
- Now go to Appearance > Widgets to drag & drop relevant widgets to the Front Page sidebar
Play a little bit and you will see the power of Contango.
Don’t hesitate to post your questions in the forum again.
Take CareJune 13, 2013 at 6:32 am #771
Arjun Forget to write,
You have made an elegant and clean look to your website – http://arjundesai.org/
Its beautiful like your personality
Enjoy!June 13, 2013 at 3:58 pm #772AnonymousGuest
Awesome, thanks so much. Just an incredibly beautiful theme.
Fantastic work by you and your team. My deepest appreciation!June 13, 2013 at 4:17 pm #773
Arjun, Thanks for your appreciation.
I have seen your blog, you have applied Wide layout beautifully. Why not to upload your name as Logo to increase its beauty ?
Thanks once again.June 13, 2013 at 5:07 pm #774AnonymousGuest
What’s the best way I can do that? My design/graphic skills are limited at best. Is there a site you know that I do that (on the cheap?)June 13, 2013 at 5:08 pm #775AnonymousGuest
Also – For the Flexslider to a Blog Post, is there a good image I can use as guidelines?June 13, 2013 at 7:20 pm #776
You may digg any good Stock photography site to purchase images of your need OR just make your own shootJune 14, 2013 at 3:57 am #777AnonymousGuest
Steve – I am trying to update to 1.2 Contango – I keep getting this error:
An error occurred while updating Contango Pro: Update package not available..
Any tips? Also – will any of my customizations be removed?June 14, 2013 at 4:06 am #778
DesigOrbital Pro themes cannot be upgraded from WordPress Admin Panel as they are not hosted on WordPress. Follow the simple steps,
– Download Contango 1.2 from your members area
– Upload to the themes directory by overwriting existing contango folder
Customization will not be removed.June 14, 2013 at 4:10 am #779AnonymousGuest
Hmm I tried uploading but it says
[SIZE=12px]Destination folder already exists. /home4/adesai13/public_html/wp-content/themes/contango/[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px]Theme install failed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12px][SIZE=15px] Do I need to do something different? Or do I have to activate a new theme, delete old Contango and reupload?[/SIZE][/SIZE]June 14, 2013 at 4:50 am #780AnonymousGuest
You mention themes directory, how do I get there and the upload/overwrite?
I use Host Gator as my site hosting.
Sorry.. my first time using WP.org. thanks for always being so prompt in answering my questions!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.