Adding Flexslider to Blog Post

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Participant
    Anonymous

That was very helpful. Thank you.

I’m still having some trouble inserting a Flexslider/Nivoslider into a blog post.

• Write new post via Posts > Add New
    • Attach 2 to 3 images for slider via Add Media at the top left corner of editor – I don’t see the “attach” button, just the “Insert into post”
    • Select Flex Slider in Post Settings metabox below the editor (You may also choose Nivo Slider fro the box)
    • You may choose Post Format Galler from the right metabox – I picked Gallery, and it doesn’t seem to work. Can I pick “Standard” template or “Image” template?
    • Publish the post and rest will be handled by Contango
    admin
    Participant

Arjun,

I don’t see the “attach” button, just the “Insert into post”

Yes, there will not be attach button. I mean to say,

– Click on Add Media Button
    – Upload Files to this post (When you upload any image to the post, they are attached to this post and also available to galley as well)
    – No need to Insert into Post – simply close the Insert Media light box

Now try again and post your results.

rknudsen
    Participant

I tried that – actually I knew from another theme how to do it – and it works. Just upload the pictures into the post and close the upload dialog via the “X” in the upper right corner.
    But: You guys at DesignOrbital manage to show the slider also in the blog post overview (http://themes.designorbital.com/contango/blog/) When I setup a slider in a post, it won’t show in the overview :( Is there a setting I miss?
    Another question: I love to take – and show – Instagram like square pictures. When I put them in a slider they will have the right width, but the height is reduced to fit a “normal” landscape picture. Is there anything I can do about that?

Thanks. Reiner

P.S.: Arjun – I like your site. Very clean and simple.

rknudsen
    Participant

I just answered part 1 of my question: If you select Standard format, it will NOT show the slider in the blog overview. Switch the format to Gallery and it will. I guess we need some documentation here :)

admin
    Participant

@rknudsen

Another question: I love to take – and show – Instagram like square pictures. When I put them in a slider they will have the right width, but the height is reduced to fit a “normal” landscape picture. Is there anything I can do about that?

Appropriate size for SLIDER is mentioned in the readme file i.e. 940 x 450

Thanks!

rknudsen
    Participant

Stupid me – I was looking at the readme of the free version. Very sorry.

admin
    Participant

@rknudsen

You may also have a look on the tutorials – http://designorbital.com/community/forums/tutorials.8/

Good Luck

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.